Temporary Palletiser Operator
Operate glass container packaging equipment, and reports any malfunctions or defects to maintain efficiency and quality
• Comply with Company Health and Safety Procedures in order to maintain a safe working environment for yourself and those around you
• Check that containers are packed using correct materials and labelled correctly in order to meet customer requirements and comply with packaging specifications
• Observes the packaging equipment and report any mechanical malfunctions or container defects that may occur to correct personnel
• Record any occurrences during the shift
• Assist after job change to establish and maintain effective operation of packaging equipment
• Carry out housekeeping as required in accordance with Company Hygiene Rules.
• Interpret Packaging Specification information
• Ability to pack glass manually in event of equipment failure
• Observational Skills
• Ability to communicate
• Ability to recognise and respond to: Basic mechanical malfunctions and Container defects
• Understanding of terminology relating to: Defects, specifications and process
What we offer
Competitive salary based on Grade 4 of the harmonised pay scales. Minimum of the grade £30,000, maximum of the grade £ 33,523.00 Ardagh DC Pension Scheme matching 10% (auto enrolled at 8%)
Training and Development
About Ardagh Group
Ardagh Group is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading brands. We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 20,000 people with revenues of almost $10 billion. Today we have a presence across Europe, Africa and the Americas.
- Did you know that Ardagh produce many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favourite beverages from?
- Did you know we produce metal and glass packaging which are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
- Did you know we produce more than 160 million containers per day?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and have a reputation for innovation. We push the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact whilst remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
We believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential, and where their achievements are celebrated.
Here at Ardagh, we offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for talented and creative people. If you have ambition and want to make an impact with your career, come and join our team, you’ll enjoy the journey!
Click here for more information about our careers or click here for more information about Ardagh Group.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.