Adept Resourcing Engineering Ltd
Adept Resourcing are excited to be recruiting for a market leading business that operates globally they specialise in design, development and application of high-quality products. They are looking for a SHEQ Officer (safety, health, environment and quality) to join their expanding team.
As part of the role, you will report directly to the HR/Admin Director and will be supporting employees through strong leadership. This is a hands-on role that where you will also be delivering training and implementing new and innovative safety improvements.
· Ensure legal compliance for health and safety in the workplace by conducting regular audits and inspections to make sure the highest standards are consistently maintained.
· Lead training with new and existing members of staff whilst identifying and assisting in any staff development opportunities.
· Coordinate and lead H&S awareness training
· Use continuous improvement techniques to improve and sustain the health, safety & environmental performance and management system and support the company agenda.
· Support the group strategy and agenda in SHEQ projects and activities.
· Assist and support in the creation, implementation and review of Risk Assessments, Safe Systems Of Work and Method Statements.
· Delivery of the company Health and Safety strategy and initiatives.
· Keep up to date and informed of all legislation including any changes.
· Review all existing company Health & Safety documentation and update accordingly in line with our statutory obligations including CDM Regulations on projects.
· Ensure that all ‘assessments’ as required by legislation are conducted and reviewed at relevant intervals.
· Conduct regular health and safety inspection/audits and prepare detailed H&S audit reports.
· Review of all RAMS and COSHH assessments and update where necessary.
· Lead investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and to record the findings through current policies, reporting as required via RIDDOR based facilities.
· Assist with Health & Safety Questionnaires
· Drive HSE improvements through education and positive reinforcement, group reporting and projects
· Undertake all ISO9001/14001 auditing assistance in line with our ISO programmes.
· Maintain all relevant legal and company related databases.
Skills and Experience:
· Minimum NEBOSH Occupational Health and Safety (CDM 2015, NEBOSH Environmental Management desirable).
· Demonstrable experience in a manufacturing environment
· Experience managing a site within HSE legislation and regulations
· Experience in ISO 14001 & 9001 (essential)
· Proven experience in driving changes and improvements
· Positive, friendly and driven attitude and maintaining legal databases.
· Demonstrate experience/knowledge of liaising with outside agencies
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.