South Yorkshire Pensions Authority
Senior Systems Officer:
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Pension Systems Team in this well-respected, award winning organisation managing a £10 billion pension fund. We have two full-time roles available so if you like the idea of developing a career in a public sector organisation, in a role that is rewarding and with a varied and demanding workload, then we’d love to hear from you.
Who we are:
We are both a local authority and a pension fund, responsible for administering the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) for South Yorkshire. We have a team of around 120 staff who run the workplace pension scheme on behalf of a large number of employer organisations including Councils, other public sector bodies, and educational institutions. As a local government body, we have a public sector ethos and place a great deal of importance on our organisational Values and Behaviours – which are all about being honest and accountable, professional, progressive and empowering.
We have a culture that encourages work-life balance. Our newly refurbished Barnsley office provides a state-of-the-art working environment; and with on-site parking and located within 10 minutes’ walk of both the train and bus stations, it makes us easily accessible. At SYPA we are big on your professional development, you’ll have a learning and development plan, and we’ll support you to keep your technical knowledge up to date.
What you’ll be doing:
You will join our small, friendly and progressive Pension Systems Team who are responsible for the maintenance and progression of the current Pensions System. Including testing and implementing upgrades and new installations, developing reports, and creating and improving processes within the system.
What you'll be able to offer:
* Educated to Level 3 qualification standard, or able to evidence ability at an equivalent level.
* Excellent IT skills.
* Significant knowledge and experience of SQL or other relational databases.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to build sound relationships with colleagues and customers, adapting styles to different situations.
* High level organisational and analytical skills.
* Proven ability to manage a range of projects through to completion.
* Effective interpersonal skills.
* Practical experience and understanding of business supporting service teams and/or providing support to the public (where appropriate)
* Ability to demonstrate creative problem solving ability.
You do not need to have previous experience of working in pensions. You’ll be provided with a well-planned induction and training programme. You will need to be highly motivated, keen to learn and with a genuine interest in this type of work.
What's in it for you:
* We have a generous annual leave policy that offers between 27 days and 35 days annual leave depending on length of service, plus all statutory bank holidays and you are able to accrue and take up to 13 extra days leave per year by utilising Flexitime.
* We have several work-life balance policies including a Flexible Working Hours policy (Flexitime) which allows you to work your contracted hours to suit both you and the team that you are working in, as well as offering hybrid working enabling you to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
* You’ll automatically be enrolled into the LGPS (Local Government Pension Scheme) which provides a salary-related pension, to which the employer contributes.
* We offer a range of wellbeing initiatives including regular webinars on health & wellbeing, fresh fruit, tea, coffee and employer provided flu vaccination vouchers each year. We also organise regular social and charity events.
* We also offer a 24/7 confidential helpline, access to workplace counselling and Occupational Health.
* Access to a range of benefits and discounts through the Wider Wallet scheme.
* A starting Salary of £32,909 and rising up to £34,723 per annum
* Centrally located modern office for public transport links and staff on-site parking available
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.