We heard you knock!
Masonite UK is a true door category leader combining the experience and craft of four leading door manufacturing brands, Premdor, Solidor, Door-Stop International and National Hickman Industries. Offering comprehensive and compelling product portfolios that provide the perfect door solution for every opening, from creating beautiful homes to defining world-class commercial spaces and everything in between.
We are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer this position carries responsibility for the management of the design, installation and start up phases of projects making sure they are delivered on time within budget and within scope. This includes working with the project manager, design and installation contractors, operations teams and ensuring that the objectives of the project scope, design specifications and appropriate standards are implemented and adhered to.
Masonite is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. We believe in creating environments that reflect our diverse communities. We are a culture that values difference, fosters inclusion and promotes collaboration. We open our doors to new perspectives, new voices, and new opportunities. We know that diversity drives innovation, empowers employees, and bolsters social responsibility. We are growing our network of people, programs and resources aimed at moving our company and industry forward.
Our Project Engineer Perks and Benefits are:
25 days holiday
3 days additional holiday over Christmas
Salary sacrifice pension scheme
Free onsite parking
subsidised onsite canteen
Healthcare cash plan
Project Engineer Role Overview
In this role you will comply with all HSE policies and procedures, providing suitable supervision and managing the permit to work requirements. Working closely with the project team, you will implement the project plan and deliver key project milestones. Preparing project status reports and participating in project review meetings, summarising project status, risks, activities on the critical path, resourcing issues and project spend. Recommending and gaining agreement for subsequent actions
You will be reporting project costs and deviations from the original spend plan, delivering robust acceptance testing with criteria agreed with the stakeholders. Ensuring that installation and commissioning phases adhere to HSE best practice and that thorough management of change processes are followed and robust training is completed with developed relevant documentation including SOPs for operation, autonomous and planned maintenance, as well as all relevant risk assessments
You ensure robust ramp-up and handover processes are followed. Contributing to continuous improvement activities and managing minor Capex / OPex projects as required
• Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree preferred
• Manufacturing projects management (” making it happen”) experience in delivering capital investment projects
• Experience managing H&S of contractors & employees including Permit to Work systems
• Factory operations (as required)
• Good understanding of engineering principles
• Demonstrated experience delivering manufacturing projects through full life cycle
• Experience in using project plans in Microsoft Project
• Understanding of legislation and standards
• An understanding of Lean Manufacturing
• Understanding of design, production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap, and re-work
• Ability to make and manage good relationships.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Results/ target focused.
• Quality conscious.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Problem solving skills.
• Ability to promote and drive continuous improvement.
• Understand Lean principles.
• Exercises autonomy and technical judgement in deciding work methods.
• Good understanding of customer expectations and deliverables with an awareness of the impact of failure/ cost of poor quality.
• Assertive, optimistic, resilient and welcomes change.
• Engages interest and participation of others, has a collaborative approach to working together.
• Proactively contributes to the team.
• Accountable and flexible
• Integrity under pressure
• An innovator
At Masonite, we believe a door is more than just a door; and we also know that the employees who build our doors are more than just employees, they work in environments that promote a culture of creativity, collaboration, adaptability and integrity based on a strong commitment to our vision.
In 1924, William Mason did not change the industry when he created Masonite, he created a new one, one that transformed waste into worth and materials into what matters. That revolution is part of Masonite, it is how we are changing the way people think about doors and making everyone see that doors are not about keeping people out, they are about letting people in. At Masonite, we keep our doors open to new perspectives, new voices, and new opportunities. We break down barriers and we help people walk through walls.
No agencies please, we do have our own Internal Talent Acquisition team.
We Help People Walk Through Walls
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.