Mercedes-Benz Trucks UK Ltd.
More about the role
As our Head of Used Trucks and Operations, you will be responsible for the annual sales, revenue and cost/budget targets of the Used Truck department. This includes the sales volume, financial results and delivering operational performance for the department in line with the targets set by Headquarters in Germany and the local United Kingdom entity.
You will lead the Used Truck Sales team and to ensure each sales channel is strategically developed to deliver the required volume in line with the operational plan, whilst developing the sales volume capability in line with the UK’s growth strategy.
You will work closely with the residual value team, including RV Manager and RV Analyst to effectively manage the forecast returns for vehicles that feed the Used Truck department. Input and output management of the portfolio, including taking ownership for the extension process with Daimler Truck Financial Services.
Develop a strategic sales plan for the dealer franchise network for the sale of Used Trucks under the “Certified” banner, which includes the delivery of targets, volume, growth and associated downstream service sales such as finance and service contracts (managed via the Used Trucks District Management team).
Lead the Used Truck re-marketing operation (Service department and Parts department) to deliver service excellence providing a gate-to-gate process for the remarketing of Used vehicles. The workshop is measured using three key performance indicators of efficiency, productivity and utilisation; the parts department is measured via parts availability, aged stock and stock accuracy.
Ensure the highest levels of health, safety and corporate compliance are maintained and developed for the Used Truck remarketing facility and that the facility passes all required environmental, vehicle and process related audits. Manage the operative plan in line with the approved budget. This includes direct and indirect costs to the business and to be responsible for working with the Site Manager to ensure an accurate and well-managed budget is achieved.
– You will have relevant degree in automotive/engineering/business administration or equivalent Educated to Degree level (ideally Business Management and/or Finance)
– Extensive knowledge of automotive sales and marketing operations
– 5-year experience in Logistics and/or aftersales in commercial vehicles business
– An in depth knowledge of the Commercial Vehicle Sales industry with experience working in a dealership sales environment. An in-depth knowledge of the product and support services which can be offered
– An understanding of how a Commercial Vehicle Dealership operates and the KPI’s within the business
– Exceptional communication and negotiation skills, including experience of presenting at Board level
– A born collaborator and someone who thrives through working as part of a team
– Motivated by working in a fast paced challenging and dynamic environment
– Proven ability to act under pressure with calmness, clarity of thought and decisive authority
– Ability to think strategically, whilst ensuring that day to day operational objectives are achieved
– Proven team leader with second to none interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate people and work as a team
– Great negotiation and conflict resolution skills
– Experience in analysing and interpreting complex data and using it to drive action and solutions
– Project management experience is an asset
– PV44 Validation or previous L4 management experience is essential
What we’ll give you
As well as the opportunity to work for a great business who are passionate in everything that we do, we will offer you a competitive salary and discretionary bonus structure. We also hope you will love our products as much as we do, with access to our colleague’s car schemes. On top of that, you will be able to join our pension scheme and you will get a flexible benefit pot that can be used to find the benefits that are right for you.
We are here to support you – we offer access to colleague wellbeing resources, including an Employee Assistance Programme and Mental health First Aiders. What’s more, we will also encourage your development, with the training and knowledge you need to reach your potential.
Discounts for employees possible
Home Office possible
Events for employees
Mobile Phone possible
Good public transport
Company car possible
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.