Design Engineer – Temporary Works
Rail / Civil Engineering
Location – Barnsley
An exciting opportunity for a rail, civils Design Engineer to join an established and busy in-house design team specialising in Temporary Works across a portfolio of projects in the civils and rail sector.
Having secured a number of long term Frameworks with key clients, AmcoGiffen are further expanding our in-house Civil & Structural Design team. We have a number of positions available at various levels for engineers who are committed to delivering the optimum design solution, building on their experience, and furthering their professional development.
The in-house design team consists of specialist designers at various levels of competency responsible for design engineering on a variety of civils, rail and engineering projects and frameworks including CP6, asset management contracts, infrastructure projects and tendered rail / civils schemes.
Projects can typically include bridge re-construction/replacement, upgrades and refurbishments, station work (platforms etc.), access for all schemes, structures including bridges, tunnels, footbridges and all associated Temporary Works solutions.
As Temporary Works Design Engineer you will have the responsibility for the development of technical Temporary Works solutions across a portfolio of rail projects and frameworks, within the team’s budgetary, programme and quality requirements. Your day to day role will include:
- Using initiative and confidence to put forward solutions based on sound engineering principles.
- Challenging the brief, enabling innovative development of unambiguous engineering solutions from feasibility through to detailed design.
- Design and Checking of engineering solutions.
- Production of clear, consistent, referenced calculations, reports and sketches to current CoP and Standards.
- Clear communication of design philosophy and requirements with other team members.
- Being Design representative at meetings with the AmcoGiffen project team and/or external Clients and Stakeholders.
- Appreciation of the team’s financial, quality and programme targets.
- Promoting safe working practices in all areas.
- Management of staff and projects.
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as a TW Design Engineer (Temporary Works) in a rail project environment.
- Degree qualified Civil / Design Engineer – BSc / BEng / CEng
- Civil engineering project design experience – i.e. bridges, structures, stations, platforms etc.
- Significant experience in technical design for rail, civils associated Temporary Works
- Ideally Chartered or at an advanced level of progression towards membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. ICE / IStructE) at either Chartered or Incorporated Level.
- Candidates from a rail / civil & structural engineering design background with experience in client, contractor or consultancy organisations will be considered.
- Competitive annual salary negotiable dependant on experience
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Company contributory Pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Westfield Health Cash Plan & Westfield Rewards
- Generous Employee referral scheme
- Support and employee infrastructure embedded in the business as a platform for personal and professional development creating pathways for unrivalled career development and progression opportunities internally.
- Consistent learning opportunities
- A safe place to work
- Employee forum’s that provide a platform for having your voice heard
You will be joining a reputable and firmly established, engineering contractor operating nationally in rail, civils and engineering markets. AmcoGiffen are renowned in the market as a specialist civil, building, mechanical and electrical renewals and maintenance business with ongoing and successful projects and frameworks across the country, you will become part of our expert outfit.
AmcoGiffen has a wealth of experience working on sensitive, live assets in highly regulated environments, we deliver exceptional peace of mind for our customers, creating and maintaining assets across a growing range of high-quality public and private sectors. These include rail, power generation, electricity distribution, flood defence, aviation, waterways and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at AmcoGiffen
We value collective expertise, but also the spark that one person can bring. As one of us, you can be you, because your individuality is an asset to our business and the communities in which we work and represent.
We are working hard as part of the civil engineering and construction industry, to improve diversity & inclusion. Our Diversity and inclusion journey at AmcoGiffen, is constantly evolving and is designed to break down barriers and promote the principles of a diverse workforce through multiple channels. This includes delivering training, raising awareness, regular forums and sharing our engagement calendar of activities and events to encourage participation at all levels throughout our organisation.
Diversity & Inclusion is embodied throughout our SPIRIT core Business values and lies at the heart of our culture of Safety, Professionalism, Innovation, Respect, Integrity and Teamwork.
AmcoGiffen is an Equal Opportunities Employer, offering challenging, worthwhile careers to everyone and is pro-actively committed to improving our understanding year on year to foster a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees as well as for the customers and communities in which we serve and operate within.
Health & Wellbeing
Operating from a people first perspective we support safety and wellbeing in the workplace as a priority. We have large number of colleagues that are trained and qualified mental health first aiders to support and listen where appropriate. We enrol all of the AmcoGiffen family onto an employee assistance programme which provides 24 hour, 7 days a week counselling and advice services.
Is AmcoGiffen your next career challenge? If so,
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.