NIC SERVICES GROUP LTD
*Job Title:* Cleaning Manager
*Reporting To*: Area Manager
*Responsible for:* Team Leaders / Cleaning Operatives
*Salary: £12 per hour,*
*Hours: Working 5 days over 7 (will include a weekend day)*
*06:00-13:30, 36 hours per week*
* Paid every 4th Friday
* Uniform provided and PPE
* Free onsite parking
* 28 days paid annual leave pro-rata
* On the job training
* Continued support from SSM
* Job security with opportunity to progress within the company
* Company recognition awards
We are looking for a Cleaning Manager within a busy retail store, you will be a hands-on cleaning manager who will ensure their team provides excellent hygiene standards within the scope of the agreed specification and allocated hours.
Reporting directly to the Store Support manager you will have core responsibility to ensure the delivery of a high level of service as agreed and outlined in the specification and contract agreement between NIC and the client.
Site Managers must be proactive, professional, have a flexible approach, good leadership and management skills work in partnership with the Site Client Management and other on site contractors to meet deadlines, liaise with people at all levels, work accurately and respect confidentiality of the organisation and the client.
* To demonstrate the values of NIC and lead by example at all times
* To manage and work within the labour cost budget as well as the budget issued for cleaning materials.
* To manage the cleaning schedule and rota to ensure that all areas of the store are cleaned on time to the standards and specification, ensuring that all holidays are properly planned and sickness cover arrangements are in place.
* To support delivery of the cleaning schedule where appropriate and necessary.
* To develop and maintain a successful working relationship with the customer to ensure that their expectations are met whilst working to the defined specifications.
* To complete audits accurately and on time, carrying out any resolution actions identified within the required timescales to ensure KPIs are consistently met.
* To complete and process all necessary paperwork accurately and on time, providing sign off for completed tasks where required
* To ensure that all cleaning materials and machinery are available, in good working order, are kept clean and used in a safe manner.
* To ensure that all periodic cleaning is completed to the required specification and timescale and signed off by the client.
* To attend meetings with the client and team as and when required.
* To ensure that all staff have the correct uniform and are dressed appropriately to reflect the brand of NIC.
* To actively identify and encourage the team to identify improved productive working methods to progress productivity or cleaning standards, sharing these ideas with your line Manager
* To actively support the installation of any productivity or cleaning standards improvements with your team in agreement with your line Manage
* To manage the recruitment process for cleaning operatives and housekeepers, ensuring adherence to NIC recruitment process and standards at all times.
* To ensure that all employee’s hold relevant paperwork demonstrating their right to work in the UK, and gain appropriate approval following NIC’s processes prior to engaging them in work.
* To train and induct all staff in their role to the standards expected the values of NIC and company policies, procedures and guidelines and the maintenance of all training records.
* To ensure that the Company appraisal process is implemented and carried out within the specified timescales.
* Maintain personnel files to ensure that all records are up to date with relevant training documentation. These records must be held safely and securely at all times.
* To clearly communicate with your team on standards and KPI’s
*Main Duties continued*
* To manage the performance of staff in consultation with your line manager, taking necessary actions to develop staff or improve performance.
* To ensure the payment of staff correctly and on time by following all Company time and pay processing requirements.
* To ensure that all holidays are booked using Mitre Finch in line with Company policy. Full consideration must be given to the cleaning operation so that service can be maintained.
* Monitor absence levels ensuring that return to work interviews are completed for all staff. Engage with your line manager to manage and reduce ongoing absence issues.
* To manage all employee relation issues in accordance with the Company HR policies and in consultation with your line manager, recognising and valuing diversity in all cases.
* To ensure that all staff are trained in and adhere to, Health and Safety and COSHH policies and procedures.
* To adhere to all Company processes, policies and procedures.
* Strong organisational and management skills in customer focussed environment
* Experience conducting audits and driving standards
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Flexibility, willingness to manage change within a diverse working environment
* Ability to work under own initiative and demonstrate effective problem solving
* Demonstrate the ability to drive NIC service standards proactively
* Essential as is the ability to manage and motivate a team of cleaners working over three shifts.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £12.00 per hour
* Free parking
* On-site parking
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.