360 Resourcing Solutions
Our client have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Transport Manager Manager to join the existing Transport team in Barnsley. You will join them on a full time, permanant basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary, company car, pension and management bonus.
Our client is the leading supplier of fitted kitchens and bedrooms for new build homes with a market share of over 50%. They supply leading housebuilders such as Barratt and Taylor Wimpey, as well as developers of inner city high rise projects and social housing providers where a diverse product range and outstanding service sets them apart. Their investment in the largest field based team in the industry, along with outstanding manufacturing capabilities, delivery process and after-sales service means they have built strong long-term relationships with their customers. They are an Equal Opportunities company and abide by the Equalities Act 2010.
The Assistant Transport Manager role:
As an Assistant Transport Manager, you will be required to assist the Transport Manager in managing the transport operations, planning and administration teams, along with the daily responsibility for a dedicated team of around 200 drivers.
This is the ideal opportunity for someone with existing transport and vehicle management experience looking for a new challenge.
The key responsibilities of their Assistant Transport Manager will include:
- Managing all employee related issues, including performance, attendance, accident investigations, etc. both formally and informally with drivers and operational staff.
- Dealing with legal compliance, tachograph rules, tracking systems and drivers’ infringements.
- Taking appropriate action against any infringements.
- Ensuring the Transport department meet all relevant transport and health and safety legislation.
- Managing and processing orders and invoices for the fleet, including liaising with the repairers.
- Manage FORS compliance.
- Processing drivers’ weekly wage information for Payroll, including absences and expenses.
- Covering for the Transport Manager as required.
To meet the requirements of their Assistant Transport Manageryou must have:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar transport management role.
- Good vehicle knowledge, ideally with previous fleet management experience.
- Experience of managing drivers both formally and informally.
- A CPC or be willing to work towards one.
- A FORS practitioner qualification or be willing to work towards this.
- Working knowledge of transport and driver regulations.
- Experience in compliance management.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, at all levels, internally and externally.
- A proactive, flexible approach with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organisational skills and a working knowledge of all IT systems
This position will be rewarded with a competitive salary. In order for your application to be taken further please state your required salary.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become their Assistant Transport Manager then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, they’d love to hear from you!
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.